This hearty Black Bean and Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is simple, satisfying, and refreshing. If you’ve got a can opener and a knife, you’re all set for this recipe. Just pop open a can of beans, corn, and tomatoes, then chop up some fresh veggies and you’ve got this dish made!
Black Bean and Corn Salad Ingredients
- Black beans
- Fresh or canned corn
- Fresh or canned petite diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
I wanted a simple summer salad that used some of the canned goods in my cabinet. But summer is (in my opinion) one of the best seasons for produce, so feel free to use any fresh fruits or veggies you have on hand.
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red, orange, or yellow peppers
How To Make Honey Lime Salad Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, honey, lime juice and zest, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1-hour and toss before serving.
What to serve with black bean and corn salad?
This Black Bean and Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is full of different flavors and textures, and makes a great side dish. The best part? It’s delicious on its own and can be more than just a side dish. Serve it as a dip for chips or topping for grilled meats, burgers, or fish.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Buffalo Turkey Burger
- Mozzarella Salad with Melon
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Chickpea Artichoke Salad Jars
Black Bean and Corn Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can corn
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together beans, corn, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, cumin, and lime. Pour dressing over the bean mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-hour. Toss again before serving
- Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy with tortilla chips or on its own.