Made with whey protein and covered in promises to be high fiber, low sugar, and delicious, these 3 ingredient protein cookies are too good to be true.
I'm not exaggerating when I say I eat these cookies every.. single.. night. These protein powder cookies are sweet enough for dessert or perfect as a post-workout snack! Plus they're packed with healthy fats and protein to keep you full and satisfied.
- Egg: The glue that holds these cookies together.
- Protein powder: The obvious source of protein. Choose a flavor that compliments your choice of nut butter - chocolate + peanut butter, vanilla + almond butter, cookies and cream + hazelnut butter, etc. Any whey protein will do, but tbh.. I've found Quest Protein Powder is superior when it comes to baking. With other powders I've used, the dough is too sticky or the cookies stick to the pan.
- Nut butter: Full of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and a surprising source of protein. Again, choose a flavor that compliments your choice of protein. I love using Justin's vanilla almond butter or chocolate hazelnut butter, but you do you.
- Ground flax seed: completely optional, but I like adding a teaspoon or two for a boost of fiber to help slow digestion and keep me fuller, longer.
The best part about these cookies is their versatility. Switch up the base ingredients to put your own spin on it!
- Chocolate Extreme - chocolate protein protein + chocolate hazelnut butter + chocolate chips
- Chunky Monkey - chocolate protein protein + peanut butter + mashed banana
- Cookies & Cream - cookies and cream protein + vanilla almond butter
See this fruity twist on my instagram! Thick, chewy and bursting with flavor 😍
I normally eat these all in one sitting so storage is pretty rare, but they can be stored in an air tight container for 2-3 days. Microwave for 15-20 seconds to reheat, just note their texture may not be the same.
I’m weird and like my protein cookies a little gooey, so I actually put them in as the oven preheats and take them out as soon as it hits 350 lol. Keep an eye on the cookies as they cook and adjust the time if needed. Try not to overdo it or they'll end up dry and crumbly.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
3 Ingredient Protein Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until a dough starts to form. Scoop into 4 servings and bake for 5-6 minutes.