Rich & creamy with a touch of sweet, just like the real stuff! This healthy chickpea cookie dough is no bake, nut free, gluten free and made in under 5 minutes. A perfect protein and fiber packed snack.
What if I told you that you could have your cookie dough and nutrition too? This chickpea cookie dough dip is the answer to all life’s problems. It’s packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats and totally safe to eat “raw”.
Now I’ll admit — the first time I heard of this concept, I thought it was crazy. How on Earth would chickpeas taste like cookies? Isn’t this, like, pureed dessert hummus?”
And while the latter is still kind of true, I’m okay with it. Because somehow the combination of sunbutter, chickpeas, vanilla, and honey totally masks the flavor of chickpeas, and a sprinkle of chocolate chips makes you think it's the real thing.
Not to mention beans make for a GREAT dessert. Don't believe me? Then you have to try these chocolatey black bean brownies.
What You'll Need To Make This Dip
This cookie dough dip uses common pantry staples so you can use whatever you have on hand! Here’s what you need to make it, as well as a few substitutions.
- Chickpeas: An ultra easy, creamy, and sneakily healthy way to enjoy cookie dough flavor! High in filling protein and fiber, this cookie dough can satisfy your hunger and your sweet tooth cravings.
- Sunbutter: makes this dip so much better than peanut or almond butter versions. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness, while neutralizing any hint of beans. Plus it's creamy and smooth 😍
- Vanilla Extract: pairs beautifully with all the other ingredients.
- Honey: perfect for bringing natural sweetness to the chickpea cookie dough.
- Milk: regular or plant-based will do. You may also need more than 2 tablespoon depending on consistency and preference.
- Chocolate Chips: really bring it home and make it taste even more like chocolate chip cookie dough. I kept it allergy friendly by using Enjoy Life mini-morsels, but any chocolate chip will do.
How To Make Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip
Rinse and Drain Chickpeas.
Add everything to a food processor and process until smooth.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Enjoy with apple slices, graham crackers, or a spoon!
Pro-tip: Some recipes say to peel your chickpeas for a smoother dough. I've still gotten a rich, creamy texture without peeling, or adding flour, but you can always try it.
- Chickpeas: No chickpeas? No problem! Cannellini beans are just as great.
- Milk vs. no milk: if you want to use it for dipping, adding 1-2 tablespoon of milk will loosen it up a bit. If you're a savage with a spoon (like me) I'd say to keep as is!
- Vegan option: use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Nut butters: you can substitute sunflower seed butter for whatever you have on hand - peanut, almond, or soy butter.
What To Eat With Chickpea Cookie Dough
This chickpea cookie dough dip is so good you can eat it straight up with a spoon, but it's perfect for apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels, strawberries... you name it. It's like dessert hummus, but better!
Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Food Processor
- Apple slices
- Graham crackers
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips and enjoy with apple slices!