Jump to Recipe
These Pizza Bites are a cross between a bagel bite and a pizza muffin, only made from scratch using a muffin tin and Greek yogurt pizza dough.
I'd be lying if I said frozen pizza bagels didn't make up 90% of my diet in college. There's something about biting into a scorching hot cheesy pizza with a frozen center I just couldn't resist. But why settle for ordinary pizza bagels when you can kick it up with these homemade pizza bites?
These are the perfect after school snack, game day appetizer, or a delicious addition to any meal. Instead of spending hours tending to a homemade sauce, or waiting for dough to rise, you can recreate your favorite frozen pizza using a muffin tin and 4-ingredient Greek yogurt pizza dough in just 15 minutes.
How to make pizza bites
I used homemade pizza dough for extra protein, but pre-made dough will work just as well!
- Make the dough: drain any excess liquid from the Greek yogurt. Mix your dry ingredients, add yogurt, and combine until a dough begins to form. I prefer to use Stonyfield non-fat plain Greek yogurt, but Chobani is another great option!
- Divide the dough: cut into 16 equal-sized balls and place in muffin tin. Press each ball into the bottom and up the side slightly.
- Top it off: bake for 15 minutes, add sauce, cheese, and additional toppings.
Pizza Topping Ideas
- Classic pepperoni: regular or Turkey, look for the lowest sodium options.
- Veggie: add roasted peppers, onions, mushrooms, or broccoli for a boost of fiber.
- BBQ: replace pizza sauce with BBQ sauce. Top with red onions and shredded chicken.
- Pesto pizza: use store bought or homemade pesto. Top with roasted broccoli and chicken.
More Quick & Easy Recipes
These Pizza Bites are a cross between a bagel bite and a pizza muffin, only made from scratch using a muffin tin and Greek yogurt pizza dough.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt drained
- Pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional Pizza Toppings
- Turkey pepperoni
- Roasted veggies (peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms)
- Greens (spinach, kale)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with oil or non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Drain excess liquid from Greek yogurt and add to flour mixture. Use a spatula or fork to mix in the yogurt until a dough starts to form. Add additional flour if dough is sticky.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and gently knead the dough until smooth. Divide into 16 equally-sized balls. Press each ball into the bottom of the muffin cups, allowing it to go up the side slightly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top each ball with pizza sauce, shredded cheese and additional toppings. Return to the oven and bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Carefully remove bites with a small spatula. Spray muffin tin again and repeat with remaining dough.
Tried this recipe?Don't forget to tag @kelseyandcooperskitchen!
Did you try this? Let us know!