Shout out to all my nacho lovers out there! Time to celebrate with this EASY and nutritious twist on traditional nachos.
Why you need these in your life:
✅ GREAT for dipping
✅ Vitamins A & C for immune health
✅ Same great CRUNCH
✅ JUICY with a bit of crispness
✅ EASY snack or appetizer
These nachos are perfect for game day, party appetizers, or a mid-day snack! We made a vegetarian version, but you can always add lean ground beef or turkey.
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Jalepeno, sliced (optional)
- Scallions, sliced (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice peppers into 6 vertical pieces where they dip down and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Divide the beans evenly among the pepper halves, then sprinkle on the cheese.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle the scallions and Jalapeno over the tops of the peppers.
- Serve immediately, with guacamole for dipping.