This mouthwatering winter fruit salad is so delicious it'll have you singing "fruit salad, yummy yummy" and I'm not sorry about it. It's loaded with the best fruits Autumn and winter have to offer.
Juicy kiwis, pears, and clementines tossed in a citrus vinaigrette, everything comes together so perfectly, ugh. If you're equally obsessed with winter fruits, you will love it's simplicity and versatility. It comes together in minutes, can be prepped ahead of time, and perfect for ANY winter fruit you have on hand.
The irresistibly delicious combination will be your new favorite holiday side dish, breakfast treat, or mid-day snack.
What Fruits Are In Season?
Think winter is the worst time for produce? Think again. A bountiful array of fruits are at their most flavorful in the colder months of the year, and many of the fruits and veggies that we associate with fall continue their seasons well into winter.
These winter fruits are easily interchangeable. Use whatever you have on hand or is available at your local grocery store.
- Citrus fruits
- Pomegranate seeds*
This salad can be made up to 2 hours before you plan to serve it; simply store it covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to go. Be sure to add the dressing before storing.
*The intent was to make this salad with pomegranate seeds, but due to supply chain issues, we couldn't find them ANYWHERE. Blueberries were a delicious swap, but aren't necessarily in season in February. For more info on what's in season, check out the Healthy Family Project.
- Avoid browning: apples and pears tend to oxidize (brown) quickly. I recommend waiting to add them until you're ready to mix in the dressing. The lemon juice will keep it from browning.
- Chop it: Keep everything bite sized for easy eating and serving.
- Temperature check: Keep it chilled so it doesn’t go mushy.
- Fruit variety: Use the variety of fruit you and your family like best. We like gala or honeycrisp apples and Bosc pears, but there are lots to choose from!
Fruit Recipes You Might Also Like
Winter Fruit Salad
- 2 apples (like honeycrisop or gala), chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 4 kiwis, sliced and quartered
- 3 clementines, peeled and separated
- ½ cup blueberries
- pomegranate seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- fresh mint leaves, torn (optional)