🍐 GINGER PEAR CRISP
This quick Ginger Pear Crisp is a perfect Thanksgiving dessert packed with juicy pears, a crisp oat topping, and a touch of spice from the ginger. Talk about incredible flavor! Cooked in a cast-iron skillet, this may be the cutest dessert I’ve had in a while.
ALL YOU NEED:
✨ Bosc pears
✨ Fresh ginger
✨ Old fashioned or rolled oats
✨ Vanilla Greek yogurt
Traditional crisps require TONS of brown sugar, butter, flour, and all sorts of goodness. This is definitely the lazy, healthier version, but I PROMISE it’s just as delicious!
✨ Loaded with antioxidants
✨ Packed with fiber
✨ Easy way to eat more oats
Ginger Pear Crisp
- Cast iron skillet
- 2 bosc pears, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Old fashioned or rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla Greek yogurt, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, dice pears and set aside.
- Add oats, honey, and cinnamon; cook until oats are toasted and ingredients start to "clump". Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add pears, ginger, lemon, and vanilla extract (use additional butter if needed). Stir until coated and cook until pears are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Once tender, spread pears so they cover the bottom of the skillet. Top with oat mixture and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and serve with a scroop of vanilla Greek yogurt or ice cream!