If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I LOVEEEE muffins. Like I have a giant blueberry muffin for breakfast... every. single. morning... #noragrets.
But I wanted to create a simple swap for my delicious, sugar filled, sour cream dream of a muffin that was an easy breakfast meal prep. So I tested out a muffin version of baked oatmeal and, voila, I give you Baked Oatmeal Cups!
Baked Oatmeal Cups
These oatmeal cups are a little more sturdy than creamy baked oatmeal, so they’re awesome as a portable breakfast or snack. They are very similar to muffins but are made with the same healthy ingredients in a bowl of oatmeal.
Easily prep these at the beginning of the week, refrigerate, and pop them in the microwave for grab & go breakfasts. Plus, the flavor combinations are endless - aka you can switch things up week to week so you don’t get bored. You can make them gluten-free with gluten-free oats and allergy friendly using Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips.
They freeze and thaw beautifully, too!
1 bowl + 45min of your precious time
Similar to muffins, you need to mix your wet ingredients BEFORE adding the dry. Unlike muffins, you can do it all in one bowl! After mixing the wet ingredients, add oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Once combined, gently fold in your strawberries and chocolate chips.
PRO-TIP: The batter will be liquid but that's OKAY. When filling the muffin tins make sure each one has enough liquid/looks a little runny.
Toss those bad boys in the oven for 30-35 minutes, catch up on some laundry, maybe take a nap.. come back and check to make sure they're fully cooked.
If the inside isn't completely solid, cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and refrigerate for a portable breakfast all week long!
If you're feeling adventurous, add a drizzle of peanut or almond butter on-top. You can thank me later 😉
quick & easy recipes
you might also like
Quick Ginger Pear Crisps
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs*
- 1 ¼ cups milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats (make sue they're gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed banana, eggs, milk, butter, honey, and vanilla until mostly smooth.
- Add in rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Gently fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top or a toothpick comes out clean.
Did you try this? Let us know!