What’s great about this chili is how quick and easy it is. Using one pot and pantry staples, you'll have a hearty, comfort meal in just 30 minutes!
If I had to pick one soup to make year round, it would be this pressure cooker white chicken chili. For the longest time I wasn’t on the “white chicken chili” train, but I’ve changed my tune.
Chili to me is always red and tomato-based. This is more like a chicken soup with yummy spices and a little kick, but delicious nonetheless!
Ingredients For White Chicken Chili
- Chicken breast
- Flavor enhancers: yellow onion & garlic
- Canned goods: white beans, corn kernels, diced chilis
- Chicken broth: every instant pot recipe needs a liquid! Plus it adds a ton of flavor. Look for low-sodium broths if possible.
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- Lime juice: to make all the flavors pop
- Optional toppings: cilantro, cheddar cheese, avocado, yogurt, green onions
How To Make Chili In A Pressure Cooker
Raise your hand if you used to be scared of your Instant pot 🙋🏼♀️ Turns out, it's a life saver and incredibly easy to use.
Using the saute setting, cook onions, garlic, diced chilis, and seasoning until fragrant. Add beans and corn over mixture, layer the chicken on top, and pour in the broth.
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and allow 10 minutes of natural release. Then turn the valve to Venting.
Shred the chicken, squeeze in lime juice, and add optional toppings. Stir everything together and enjoy!
More Quick and Easy Dinners
Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can white beans rinsed & drained
- 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 can corn kernels
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt & pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Cheddar Cheese
- Select saute setting on your pressure cooker. Heat olive oil, add onions and cook until fragrant. Stir in garlic, diced chilis, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until very fragrant.
- Pour the beans and corn over mixture, layer the chicken pieces on top, and pour in the broth. Do not stir.
- Secure the lid on your pressure cooker in its sealing position. Cancel the sauté program, select manual setting and set the cooking time for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- When done quick release valve to release all pressure. Use a pair of tongs to remove the chicken to a cutting board. Using a pair of forks, shred the chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back into the pot, along with lime juice and stir to combine.
- Ladle the chili into bowls. Top, as desired, with yogurt/sour cream, cheese, avocado, and cilantro.