When it comes to making a quick and easy lunch or dinner, tacos are a no brainer. My latest obsession? These delicious chili-lime salmon tacos, piled high with zesty mango salsa.
The balance of spicy and sour tang added to the salmon? Superb. And this recipe? So simple. You'll want to make it a weekly thing because it's just that good!
how to make salmon tacos
It seems like there's a taco for every occasion and palate. But this recipe takes fish tacos to a whole new level. The star of the show? Canned salmon.
No, I'm not crazy. I'm a new mom on a budget who barely has time to shower, let alone eat. That's why canned salmon is a pantry staple in our house. An inexpensive, versatile, and convenient protein? I'll take it! Plus, mamma needs her omega-3s.
Canned salmon is rollin in protein and dripping in flavor. Perfect for tacos like these, burgers, salad, or Salmon Pesto Pasta.
- Salmon: I use canned wild salmon in water because it’s so convenient. If you prefer making your own or using leftover salmon, that works too.
- Chili and lime: two of our top salmon seasonings. They add the perfect balance of spicy and sour tang. But all the flavor really comes from sautéing the salmon in lime juice.
- Tortillas: grab your favorite (corn, whole wheat..), we don't discriminate here.
- Mango salsa: you can use homemade (see recipe below) or store bought if you don't feel like chopping.
Now go have yourself a taco night you won’t find at any taco chain!
Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
FOR THE SALMON
- 2 cans salmon, drained and flaked
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 tortillas
- Mango salsa, store bought or homemade (see below)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Cook each tortilla in microwave to warm or heat in lightly oiled pan about 30 seconds.
- Season salmon with chili-powder, salt and pepper. Sauté with lime juice until warm, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss ingredients for mango salsa in a small bowl and mix well.
- Divide salmon and fill tortillas, top with salsa and cilantro and enjoy!