In case you missed the memo, you can cook just about anything in an air fryer. But you know what they’re REALLY good for? Turning frozen vegetables into crispy, tender bites of yum in less than 20 minutes, like these Air Fryer Frozen Brussels sprouts.
Cooking frozen vegetables without turning them into a pile of flavorless mush is a STRUGGLE. Good news is you CAN make them taste great and it’s super easy!
The air fryer is one of my favorite methods, but you can check out How to Cook With Frozen Vegetables for other tips!
Why frozen Brussels sprouts?
They’re a great freezer staple! Frozen Brussels sprouts are inexpensive, filling, and versatile. Bonus: they cook more evenly than fresh Brussels sprouts, leaving you with a crispy exterior that’s equally tender on the inside.
Prep & Cook
The best part about air frying frozen Brussels sprouts is there’s no cutting and little prep required! Simply toss with a little oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and pop in the air fryer. In 20 minutes your Brussels sprouts will be crisp, tender, perfectly caramelized and NOT bitter.
Serve as-is or take your Brussels sprouts up a notch with these mix-ins:
- Lemon juice
- Balsamic reduction
- Honey or maple syrup
Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepepr
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Balsamic vinegar OR lemon juice (optional)
- In a medium bowl, season brussels sprouts (do NOT thaw them!) with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place your frozen brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket in a single layer making sure the air fryer basket is not overcrowded.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flip with a spatula, and cook an additional 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the basket and toss with balsamic or lemon juice (if using), and sprinkle with parmesan.